Since the episode of HP’s TouchPad, which had apparently been discontinued and after that the demand for the tablet rose leaps and bounds as HP started selling of these tablets for just $99 for stock clearance. The HP TouchPad was based on WebOS 3.0.
However this new tablet from HP, the HP Slate, is a tad different and is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Given the low price of just US $169 (Approx. Rs. 8200 in Indian Currency) for an Android Tablet, we expect this device to sell like a hot cake when it gets launched.
Let us now take a look at the specs and features of the HP Slate tablet:
- Has a 7 inch display with a display resolution of 1024 by 600 pixels
- Runs on stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (i.e. the same version of Android that runs on Google Nexus 7)
- 1GB of RAM
- Powered by Dual-core 1.6GHz processor
- 8GB of internal storage and expandable upto 32GB using Micro SD card
- 3MP rear camera with 720p video recording
- VGA front-facing camera
- Weight: 372 grams
- Dimensions: 19.71 cm by 11.61 cm by 1.07 cm
- Support for Wi-Fi
- Beats Audio
- HP ePrint app for managing document printing