Following up its recently launched Galaxy S5, Samsung has now launched the Samsung Galaxy S5. And as usual with all the mini editions of its high end Galaxy S phones, this phone also has all the major features of the Galaxy S5 like the heartbeat sensor, fingerprint scanner, biometric screen locking and mobile payments. It just the hard ware specs which are better on the Galaxy S5 as compared to the Galaxy S5 Mini.
Let us now take a look at the specs and features of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini:
- Has a 4.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 720 by 1280 pixels
- Powered by a 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
- Runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system
- 1.5GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage which is expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Support for Dual SIM – but this is optional as we have heard that the phone will also be launched in a Single-SIM version
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording and a 2.1MP front camera for video calling and for the so called selfies!
- Network connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and NFC
- Dimensions: 13.11 cm by 6.48 cm by 0.91 cm
- Weighs 120 grams
- Dust and water Resistant
- Powered by a 2100 mAh Battery
The phone is available in four colours – Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold and is slated to be launched in Russia as the first country and soon in other countries. The price of the phone is expected to be around US $400 onwards (Approx Rs. 24,000 in Indian currency)