HP has had a hard luck when it comes to moving Tablets in the consumer electronics market. The Touchpad tablets running WebOS operating system (initially available for US $499) proved to be such a disaster that HP had to sell them off for ridiculously low prices.
Last year, HP had announced a new set of tablets running the Android OS under the label of HP Slate. The company might now announce an updated version of those tablets (running Android) called the HP Slate 8 Plus.
According to our sources, the HP Slate 8 Plus will be much more powerful than its earlier edition. This is not a confirmed news as of now but soon might come as an official release from HP. Lets take a look at the expected specs of the HP Slate 8 Plus tablet:
- Runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Powered by a 1.6 GHz V9R1 ARM Cortex A9 Quad core processor
- 5MP Primary camera and 1 MP front camera for video calls and taking selfies
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB Internal Storage which is expandable upto 32GB using microSD card
- 3G Support via micro SIM card
- 6 hours of runtime on the 18.3 Watt-hour battery
- 8 inch display screen with a resolution of 1280 by 800 pixels
- Other features – MicroUSB port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
The 3G model of the HP Slate 8 Plus tablet is expected to sell for 299 euros in Europe ( Approx. US $ 410 )
Post a comment