Looks like Microsoft is having a hard time selling its newly launched Surface Pro 3 tablets. The only reason why this would happen and that I speculate is the high price for even the entry level model of the tablet. When, Surface Pro 3 was launched earlier in June 2014, the tablet was priced starting at US $999.
Microsoft has now launched a cheaper version of the Surface Pro 3 tablet starting at US $799 (Approx. Rs. 47,500 in Indian Currency) which translates to a discount of US $200 per tablet. If you remember we had told you about another scheme from Microsoft for selling the Surface Pro 3 with a Macbook Air trade-in discount of US $279.
Given below is the entire new discounted pricing range of the cheaper Surface Pro 3 tablets with the specs for each of the tablets:
- $799 – Powered with a Core i3-4020Y processor and Intel HD 4200 graphics – 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD
- $999 – Powered with Core i5-4300U processor and Intel HD 4400 graphics – 4GB RAM,128GB SSD
- $1299 – Powered with Core i5-4300U processor and Intel HD 4400 graphics – 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
- $1549 – Powered with a Core i7-4650U processor, Intel HD 5000 graphics, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
- $1949 – Powered by a Core i7-4650U and Intel HD 5000 graphics, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD
The Surface Pro keyboards are something everyone talks highly about – they are soft to use and require just the right amount of pressure. You can even buy a Surface like keyboard for the iPad.