Rugged devices like water-proof tablets and mobile phones are a niche market and attracts only those customers towards these devices who work in tough conditions like in dust-fields or may be on a cargo ship.
Last month we told you about Panasonic’s rugged waterproof and dustproof tablets – Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1, FZ-X1. Now, electronics manufacturer VIA has launched a new range of rugged tablets – the VIA Vegra. What sets it apart from other water-proof / dust-proof tablets out there is that this one is IP65 certified which means you can even take the VIA Vegra tablet out in the rains! Not only this, it can also withstand drops from heights of upto 6 feet.
VIA Vegra Tablet Specs & Features
- Powered by a 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core processor with Mali-400 graphics processing unit
- It has a 10.1 inch screen with a display resolution of 1280 by 800 pixels
- Has 1GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- 5MP rear camera and 2MP front camera for video calling
- Runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Operating system.
- Connectivity – 2 micro USB ports, a micro HDMI port
- Wireless connectivity – 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS, and optional 3G
- Stereo speakers
- Dimensions – 10.4 inch by 6.8 inch x 0.5 inch
- Weight – 1.6 pounds
- 3 years of longevity support from VIA
- Powerful battery that can last upto 9 hours