We have come across some fresh information regarding Microsoft’s upcoming Smart watch that is said to be launching after 3 months in October 2014. Owing to the fact that all major companies like Samsung and LG have already made a mark in the currently hot wearables category by launching smart watches, it is a bit strange that Microsoft is taking so much time to launch its product offerings in this category. Apple is also reportedly working on the iWatch.
Anyways, lets take a look at the specs and features which are quite possible to make it to the Microsoft Smartwatch:
- As you can see in the mock-picture above, the smartwatch will be similar to a slim fitness band like the ones from Nike, the Nike FuelBand.
- The smartwatch can pair with any device independent of the platform which means it will work not only with Windows Phone but also with Android and iOS as well as show notifications from the phone to the watch. This is a good thing as it will definitely help Microsoft in targeting more customers.
- There are plans for a Developer API to help enhance the functionality of the device with 3rd party apps.
- As many as 11 sensors on board with ability to keep a track of many fitness parameters such as steps walked, calories burned and heart rate measurement.
- The display of the device will be inside the dial of the watch
The price of the Microsoft SmartWatch is expected to be around US $199. Samsung also launched its AndroidWear Gear Live SmartWatch recently for the same price.