Samsung has launched a new smartphone – the Galaxy K Zoom in various markets around the world including USA and India. The specialty of the phone is that it has a 20.7 Megapixels primary camera which puts it next to Nokia’s awesome 41 Megapixel camera phone. Not only this, the camera has a whopping 10x optical zoom and a 4.4-44mm lens.
The price of the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom smartphone is US $450 (Approx Rs. 29,900 in Indian Currency). You can buy it from Amazon.com in the US or Amazon.in in India. As a launch promotion, the phone is currently being offered at a 15% discount on MRP and also comes with various goodies.
Although this is not a sure thing, but it looks like Samsung plans to position this phone in lines with Nokia’s camera phones which have achieved a distinction among phones with great cameras. Let us now take a look at the specs and features of the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom smartphone:
- The phone has a 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED screen with a display resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels
- Powered by a1.7 GHz Dual Core processor. There is also a version of this phone with a 1.3 GHz Quad Core Exynos (5260) processor with Mali-T624 Graphics Processing Unit
- Runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) operating system
- Has 2 GB RAM
- 8GB Internal Storage which is expandable up to 64GB using the microSD card slot.
- Has a very nice 20.7MP primary camera with Xenon Flash, BSI Sensor and 10x optical zoom. You can shoot videos at 1080p HD quality
- 2MP front-facing camera for shooting selfies and video calling
- 3.5mm audio jack for plugging in your favorite headphones / ear buds
- Network Connectivity: 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, aGPS + GLONASS and NFC
- Powered by a whopping 2430mAh battery