While all the major companies like LG, Samsung and Google in the US are busy launching smart watches, one company called Spice has already launched a full-featured smartwatch (come phone) in India for a really cheap price of US $69 as compared to the US $200 prices of the smartwatches which are currently available in the US.
Spice Smart Pulse M 9010, as the smart watch is called, you can pair it to almost all android phones using bluetooth and then read all texts and notifications on the screen of the watch. Not only this you can also receive calls right on the smartwatch using the two SIM cards that the device supports. This is something new as the offerings from LG and Samsung (G Watch & Gear Live) do not let you send/receive calls.
Specs and Features of Spice Smart Pulse
- Has a 1.6 inch capacitive touchscreen with a display resolution of 240 by 320 pixels
- Support for Dual-SIM
- Runs on the manufacturer’s proprietary Java OS but it can be paired with any mobile phone running Android OS
- Make voice calls, send receive SMS, pair it with your phone using the BT Notifier app.
- 1.3 megapixels camera – this is so awesome (reminds me of a James Bond gadget)
- microSD card slot for storage – 8GB Supported
- Support for GSM 900/1800 MHz bands
- FM Radio & MP4 video playback
- Powered by a 420 mAh Li-Ion battery that could give the device 2 days standby time and 180 minutes of talktime
- Available in Red, blue and green colours
The Spice Smart Pulse watch-phone is expected to be priced at Rs. 3,999 Indian currency (Approx. US $67) and will start selling on HomeShop18 starting July 11, 2014