Samsung launched its Android Wear powered Gear Live watch at the Google IO Conference along with LG. The watch, as it says, runs on Android’s Wear platform which is targeted towards wearable devices like watches, health devices etc.
At the Google IO, Samsung launched the Gear Live Watch powered by the Android Wear platform. The watch is available in bright black color and is both water and dust resistant. The Samsung Gear Live Watch is priced at US $199 and Rs. 15,990 in Indian Play Store (30$ cheaper than the LG G watch that was launched at the same time as well) and needs a compatible Android 4.3 Phone to work. Find out how you can check if your Android phone is Android Wear Watch compatible or not.
Here are the specs and features of the Samsung Gear Live Android Wear Watch:
- 1.2 GHz processor
- Has a 4 GB internal storage and 512 MB RAM
- Runs on the Android Wear Operating system
- Has a 1.63 inch SuperAMOLED screen with a display resolution of 278 pixels per inch
- Dimensions – 3.79 cm by 5.64 cm by 0.89 cm
- Weighs just 59 grams
- Powered by a 300 mAh Battery
- Wireless connectivity to your Android phone using low energy Bluetooth 4.0
- Sensors on the watch – Accelerometer, Digital compass, Gyroscope, Heart rate monitor
- Pogo pin USB port