With the Tablet market catching up in India, many Indian electronics companies are trying their hands at Tablet manufacturing and to woo away consumers with one or the other unique features on their tablets. Recently we told you about Gurgaon based Pantel’s low cost Android tablets which are going to be sold in India by BSNL (India’s leading Telecom company).
Its now the turn of Banagalore based Asmaitha Technologies from India who have come up with their own Tablet product titled the Sruta. Let us now take a look at some of the specs and features of the Sruta tablet:
- ST-Erricson Nova A9500 Processor
- 1 GB DDR RAM and 8GB eMMC internal storage. Storage memory can be expanded upto 32 GB using a MicroSD card.
- Runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating system
- Dimensions : 18 X 12 X 1.09cm ( 7 inch thickness)
- 7-inch multi-touch display with a 800×480 resolution and 16.7Million colors
- Wireless Connectivity options – 3G, BlueTooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, FM
- Miscellaneous Features – micro USB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, Optional USB 3.0 support, 3.5mm stereo jack, Internal stereo speakers, G-Sensor (Accelerometer),E-Compass Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor,Proximity Sensor,Gyroscope, GPS
- Rechargeable 6000 mAh (typical) battery
The Asmaitha Sruta tablet will be launched by mid 2012 and is expected to cost around Rs. 8500 in Indian currency (Approx. US $200)