DataWind has finally launched their low cost tablets – the UbiSlate 7+ and the UbiSlate 7C. Both the tablets have 7 inch touchscreens and has support for SIM card and Wi-Fi. If you remember, DataWind is the company behind the low cost Aakash Tablet, which has already broken Apple iPad’s sales records.
The UbiSlate 7+ Tablet is Priced at Rs. 2999/- whereas the UbiSlate 7C Tablet is priced at Rs. 3999/- The price difference comes on the fact that the UbiSlate 7+ has a 2GB internal memory and a resistive touchscreen whereas the UbiSlate 7C has a 4GB internal memory and a capacitive touchscreen.
You can buy the tablets from Ubislate’s official website: http://www.ubislate.com/
Let us now take a look at the specs and features of the UbiSlate 7+ and 7C tablets in detail:
- Cortex A8, 700 Mhz Processor with HD Video Co Processor for playing 720p videos
- 7 inch Display screen with 800×480 pixels resolution
- Resistive Touchscreen for UbiSlate 7+ and Capacitive TouchScreen for UbiSlate 7C
- 256 MB RAM – which is definitely on the lower side
- Runs on Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread. Given the low price of this tablet we should better not complain of the device not running Android 4.0
- Internal Storage – 2GB Flash Memory for UbiSlate 7+ and 4GB Flash Memory for UbiSlate 7C
- External Memory – 2GB to 32GB Supported via microSD card
- Connectivity: 2 Standard USB Ports (Ver. 2.0), 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity with SIM card, GPRS, WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g
- Upto 180 minutes of battery
Apart from these, UbiSlate has also partnered with a lot of mobile content providers such as GetJar, InMobi and Mango Learning to provide users a seamless experience on the device with apps and games. The tablets also have an additional feature of unlimited web-browsing using DataWind’s web delivery platform for just Rs.100/month.