Samsung has launched an all new range of tablets – the Galaxy Tab S currently with two devices and they have screens of 8.4 inch and 10.5 inch respectively. The launch was done earlier today at the Galaxy Premier 2014 event. Both the tablets have a display resolution of 2560 by 1600 pixels. Also at 6.6 mm, both of these tablets are thinner than Apple’s newer iPads.
The Galaxy Tab S will be put up on sale from July 2014 in the US (soon in other markets) and will cost US $499 (approx. Rs. 30,000 in Indian Currency) for the 10.5-inch screen model and the price of the 8.4-inch screen model is going to be US $399 (approx. Rs. 23,500 in Indian currency).
Let us now take a look at the specs and features of both the Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablets:
- 8.4-inch / 10.5 inch WQXGA Super AMOLED display screen at a display resolution of 2560 × 1600 pixels
- Octa-Core Exynos processor or 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
- Runs on Android 4.4 KitKat
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 2.1MP front camera for video calling
- Network connectivity options – 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, GPS
- Has 3GB RAM
- 16GB or 32GB Internal Storage which is expandable upto 128GB using microSD
- Powered by a 4900mAh battery
- Dimensions – 12.56 by 21.28 by 0.66 cm, weight – 294grams