Barnes & Noble has now launched their all new Simple Touch e-book reader with a built-in LED lighting for easy reading. The Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight happens to be world’s first E-Ink Reader with such a feature. Amazon Kindle has a special cover that pops out a reading light, but with the Nook GlowLight, the screen itself will help you read in dark, without disturbing other people who might be sleeping nearby or next to you.
The Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight is priced at US $139 (which works out to approx. Rs. 6800 in Indian currency). At this price, it is definitely a must buy gadget for e-book readers and lovers.
During the launch of the device, William Lynch, Chief Executive Officer of Barnes & Noble said that GlowLight is the company’s latest patent-pending technology which along with the most advanced E Ink display available make the Nook a high-utility Reader ever. He also added that using the Nook with GlowLight, you can use the e-reader in both dark and very bright environments.
Some of the most sought after features of this new Nook with GlowLight include:
- Advanced and fastest E Ink display
- Infrared touchscreen
- Built-in anti-glare screen for reading in any lit environment
- Evenly distributed and adjustable light for reading in the dark.
- Very light-weight, lighter than earlier versions of the Nook e-reader
- Long-lasting battery for over one month of reading with the light on a single charge