After a very long time HTC posted a profit in its recently announced quarter results for Q2. This is a positive sign as the company was reporting losses for quite some time. All this has happened to owing to the new flagship devices – HTC One. What we have noticed is that HTC has been focusing only on the high-end smartphone segment for quite some time.
Although, this is great but the majority of mobile user lies in the mid-range or budget price segments which what the company should target in order to be healthy in business just like Samsung. In fact, there was a word that HTC had plans to stop manufacturing budget phones totally.
Talking about mid-range phones, HTC has just announced one which has been launched in many European markets and is already available China, yes we are talking about the HTC Desire 516. It will soon launch in India as well.With a whopping 5-inch display and 1GB RAM, the HTC Desire 516 is priced at 199 Euros (US $270 or Rs. 16,500 approx in Indian currency)
Let us now take a look at the specs and features of the HTC Desire 516:
- Has a 5-inch qHD display with a resolution of 540 by 960 pixels
- Powered by a quad-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB Internal storage which is expandable upto 32 GB using a microSD card
- 5MP rear camera and a 2MP front-facing camera for video calling and taking selfies
- Runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system