Nokia has now launched another Android powered mobile phone – the Nokia X2. This information comes straight as a teaser from its conversations blog ahead of the MWC (Mobile world congress). The phone has support for dual SIM, 1GB RAM and the Android on it is not the Google’s Android but the Android open source version (no Play store).
The price of the Nokia X2 phone is US $135 / 99 euros (Approx. Rs. 8000 in Indian Currency) and is available for sale in select countries as of now.
Lets us now go over the specs and features of the phone:
- 4.3-inch Screen with a display resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. Its older version the Nokia X has a 4 inch screen.
- Powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB of Internal storage which is expandable using microSD expansion slot
- 5MP rear camera 0.3MP front camera for video calling
- Runs on the Nokia X software platform based on open source version of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) which means you wont have access to the play store and Google apps on your phone by default
- Support for Dual SIM
- Ports – 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Network Connectivity – 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n,Bluetooth, GPS
It comes pre-installed with some useful applications such as Here Maps and Mix Radio. For getting more apps, head over to the Nokia Android App Store. The Phone has not yet launched on Flipkart or Amazon yet, but is expected to launch soon as huge consignments of the device have already landed in India with the customs. Its just a matter of custom clearance as of now, we will update this post as soon as it goes for sale.