We are aware of the fact that HTC has been trying hard to get back its lost share in the US market by means of new devices and also by a strategic ramp-up of its advertising budgets in the country. Looks like the company is also following similar strategies in India.
HTC launched two new smartphones in India today – the Desire 616 and the HTC One E8 – both of them being Dual-SIM mobile phones with 5-inch screens. The HTC Desire 616 is priced at Rs. 16,900 (Approx. US $275) and the HTC One E8 is priced at Rs. 34,990 (Approx. US $580). Let us now take a look at the specs and features of both these devices.
Specs and Features of HTC One E8
- Has a 5.0-inch Full HD screen with a display resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels. Comes with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection.
- Powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Has 2 GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage which is expandable up to 128GB
- Runs on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system with HTC Sense UI version 6.0
- Support for nano Dual SIM
- Has a 13MP camera with 1080p HD recording and a 5 MP front-facing camera for video calling and taking selfies
- Network connectivity: 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and GPS with GLONASS
- Other Features – 3.5 mm headset jack, FM radio, Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- Powered by a 2600 mAh battery
Specs and Features of HTC Desire 616
- Has a 5-inch HD IPS display screen with a display resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Powered by a 1.4 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6592 processor with Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- Has 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage which is expandable using microSD
- Runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system with Sense UI 5.1
- Support for Dual SIM – one Regular SIM, one micro SIM
- Has a 8MP rear/primary camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording and a 2MP front-facing camera for video calling
- Network connectivity: 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Powered by a 2000 mAh battery