18.7 Million Tablets Sold Worldwide In 3 Months; iPad Market Share Grows To 70%
Its raining tablets worldwide. Tablets have suddenly become the in-thing and everyone wants a tablet now. Frankly speaking, it reminds me of the early 2000′s when mobile phones were new and everyone wanted to have one! And no doubt, the tablet makers of today are definitely making a killing meeting the tablet demands of millions of consumers.
DigiTimes has come up with some interesting figures which show that close to 18.7 million tablet units were shipped by various tablet manufacturers during the third quarter of 2011 (that is, just in 3 months time). Of those 18.7 million units, Apple alone shipped over 13 million tablet units (iPad and iPad 2 combined).
Here are some key learnings from the report:
- Tablet vendors shipped 18.7 million units during the third quarter of this year, DigiTimes said on Tuesday. Q3 tablet shipments increased by 27.5% as compared to Q2. This was low as compared to the 60.9% increase in tablet shipments between Q1 and Q2.
- Of the 18.7 Million tablet units shipped worldwide, Apple alone is estimated to have shipped 13 million units which clearly shows Apple has a major 69.5% market share when it comes to Tablet devices.In Q2 Apple’s share of the Tablet market was about 64%.
So, what tablet user are you – iPad or non-iPad?
- [Pro Tip] Use Google Chrome On Macbook Air For a Whopping 17 Hour Battery Backup!
- Samsung Surpasses Apple To Become The Most Profitable Consumer Electronics Company
- iPad Accounts For 85% Of Total Web Traffic From Tablets – Chitika Report
- Apple Q3 Revenue – $35.3 Billion; iPhone Sales Up 20%; iPad, Mac Sales Down
Read more about: Apple, iPad, tablets
Free subscription: Subscribe RSS feed or get daily tips in your email * Click confirmation link sent in email * Don't see the email? check spam folder