First “Nokia-Windows Phone 7″ Device Won’t Arrive Before 2 Years
Now that the Nokia – Microsoft deal has finally happened, if you are excited to check out the a Nokia phone running Windows Phone 7 then you will have to wait for Two more years. According to a report published by eWeek, Nokia’s first Windows Phone 7 devices won’t hit the market for another two years, and the company’s partnership with Microsoft carries some wide-ranging and systemic risks.
Here is what we think may happen if Nokia takes two long years to get Windows Phone 7 on their devices:
- Third party Nokia app developers will be puzzled as to when to start developing on Windows Phone 7 platform.
- These developers will also be confused on building a successful exit strategy from Symbian app development for high-end Nokia devices which are currently powered by Symbian.
- Within two years Android and iOS will have scaled up to new heights and will have reached a large number of users.
If you have an opinion about this Nokia-Microsoft deal then do not hesitate to voice it in our comments section.
- Nokia Normandy – Nokia’s First Low-Cost Android Phone; Launching in 2014?
- Nokia 515 – Candybar Phone Launched; Has 5MP Camera
- Nokia Working On 6-inch Lumia Phablet – First Image Leaks
- Nokia Launches Youtube Upload App For Lumia Phones
Read more about: Microsoft, mobile phones, Nokia, windows phone 7, wp7
Free subscription: Subscribe RSS feed or get daily tips in your email * Click confirmation link sent in email * Don't see the email? check spam folder