RIM has launched an updated version of its Blackberry Messenger (BBM) chat client – BBM v 6.0. With Social Media rocking the internet these days, RIM has also included a lot of social features to the new BlackBerry Messenger.
Apart from this, there is another very interesting feature – BBM Integration in to existing BlackBerry apps. This means you never have to leave an app on your phone in order to reply to a BBM text which you just received. You can use BBM 6 right inside any other BBM app provided it supports the integration.
Listed below are the major improvements and the salient features of BBM 6.0:
- BBM Social – Now you can invite Friends, update user profiles, chat and share content with your friends in BBM right inside other blackberry applications.
- Better Location support with customized search and sharing.
- Ability to send events, appointments, links and podcasts to your BBM contacts and in BBM groups.
- Save BBM messages as drafts.
How To Download And Install BBM 6.0 On Your Phone?
1. Back up your BBM contact list
Within BlackBerry Messenger, Go to Menu > Options > Back Up. (Only for users of BBM 5.0 and above)
2. Download BBM 6 from the BlackBerry Appworld on your Blackberry device. Here is the link: appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3729?lang=en
3. After the installation is over, make sure that you restart your Blackberry phone for the changes to take effect.
If you are not using a carrier approved Blackberry device software then this upgrade might result in a loss of the BBM icon from your app screen. See this.
Image Courtesy – Techcrunch