Windows 8 is currently one of the most hyped operating systems from Microsoft till date due to its promise of offering the same experience across all devices like mobile phones, tablets and laptops. Acer has launched its new Windows 8 powered tablets with the Iconia W700 series.
The tablets are powered by latest processors from Intel – the Ivy Bridge i3 and i5 CPUs and also act up as a real working desktop computer with the help of the rear docking mechanism, which is really handy. The Acer Iconia W700 Windows 8 tablets have been priced in the US $799 to US $999 range (Approx. Rs. 42,000 to Rs. 55,000 in Indian Currency).
Let us look at the specs and features of the Acer Iconia W700 tablet:
- Powered by Intel Core i3-3317U 1.8GHz Processor (Other versions with options for i5 Intel Core processor)
- 11.6-inch LED backlit TFT LCD display with 1920 x 1080 display resolution & 10-point multi-touch screen
- 4GB of DDR3 RAM
- 64GB SSD / 128GB SSD
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 w/128MB RAM
- Wireless Networking: Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0
- 5MP, 1080p rear-facing camera & 1280×1024 pixels, 720p front-facing camera
- Ports: 1 USB 3.0, 1 Micro-HDMI, 1 3.5mm headphone/mic jack
- Up to 9hrs battery life
- Versions: Acer Iconia W700-6465, Acer Iconia W700-6691, Acer Iconia W700-6607